(MC)2 supports a diverse multi-disciplinary user-base of more than 450 users from various colleges and department across the UM campus, more than 100 internal research groups, and 20 non-academic companies. The mission of (MC)2 is to provide cost effective, efficient, safe, and socially responsible access to advanced characterization equipment and expertise thereby promoting, enabling, and encouraging cutting-edge education, research, and business development.
Wednesday November 1st 2017
Michigan Microscopy & Microanalysis Society (MMMS) & (MC)2 Open Day
- Determining atomic structure across scale & dimensions with highly convergent electron beams, Prof. Robert Hovden, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Michigan
- Using cryo-electron microscopy to visualize the function of PMP22, a major cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMTD), Prof. Melanie Ohi, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan
- Shaping (and reshaping) biological membrane architecture for vertebrate photoreceptor health (and disease), Prof. Andrew Goldberg, Biomedical Sciences, Oakland University
- Ultrasonic Fatigue and its role in Materials Centric Design, Dr. Jason W. Carroll, Eaton Corporation.
- Micro-Raman analyses of Earth and Planetary Materials: Advantages and Challenges, Prof. Jackie Li, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Michigan
Submit an abstract (deadline: October 10th 2017)
May 23-25 2018
EBSD 2018 (Microanalysis Society Topical Conference)
Organizers: Steve Niezgoda (OSU), Marc De Graef (CMU), Elena Miranda (UC Santa Cruz), Andrew Cross (Wash U St Louis), Bobby Kerns (UM), John Mansfield (UM)
Tutorials, Hands-on Demos, Poster prize, Social activities.