Contact: Kai Sun
Location: Room G026 (Microscope) and G028 (Control Room)
Phone: +1 (734) 764-2884 (Microscope) +1 (734) 764-2884 (Control Room)
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0723032.
- 80, 200 and 300kV
- Tungsten cold field emission tip
- Gun ~1.0 x 10-9 torr
- Column ~1.0 x 10-7 torr
- CTEM 0.055 nm point-to-point
- STEM 0.055 nm point-to-point
- Horizontal Ultra-thin Window JEOL SDD X-ray detector (active area = 60 mm2) capable of detecting elements with Z >5.
- Gatan #965 Quantum Imaging Filter (GIF) for electron energy loss spectroscopy and imaging.
Image Acquisition & Analysis System
- Gatan Ultrascan 1000 CCD TV camera for high resolution imaging (above the GIF)
Compatible sample Holders
- JEOL Single-Tilt Stage
- JEOL Double-Tilt Analytical Stage
- Gatan #646 Double-Tilt (x=±35 degrees, y=±35 degrees) Low Background (Be) Stage with Faraday cup.
- Gatan #636 Double-Tilt (x=±35 degrees, y=±35 degrees) Low Background (Be) Liquid-Nitrogen Stage.
- Gatan #652 Double-Tilt Heating Holder with a maximum operating temperature of 1000 degrees Celsius.
- Free lens control, fully independent control of all lenses.
- TEMCon PC control software.
- JEOL Cs Correctors for STEM and TEM