Contact: Haiping Sun
Location: Room G020
Phone:+1 (734) 764-5625
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-9871177.
- 0 to 200 kV (50 V steps)
- Zirconated Tungsten (100) thermal field emission tip
- ~1.5 x10-7 torr
- CTEM 0.10 nm lattice / 0.25 nm point-to-point
- STEM 0.17 nm HAADF (high angle annular dark field)
- Horizontal Ultra-thin Window Si-Li X-ray detector (active area = 30 mm2) capable of detecting elements with Z >5.
- EDAX r-TEM Detector with EDAX acquisition software
- Gatan Imaging Filter (GIF) for electron energy loss spectroscopy and imaging.
Image Acquisition & Analysis System
- Gatan #794 cooled multi-scan CCD TV camera for high resolution imaging (above the GIF)
- Gatan #692 Retractable TV rate CCD TV camera.
- JEOL Single-Tilt Stage
- JEOL Double-Tilt Analytical Stage
- Gatan #646 Double-Tilt (x=±35 degrees, y=±35 degrees) Low Background (Be) Stage with Faraday cup.
- Gatan #636 Double-Tilt (x=±35 degrees, y=±35 degrees) Low Background (Be) Liquid-Nitrogen Stage.
- Gatan #652 Double-Tilt Heating Holder with a maximum operating temperature of 1000 degrees Celsius.
- Free lens control, fully independent control of all lenses.
- FasTEM remote NT server based control system.