Contact: Haiping Sun
Location: Room G022
Phone:+1 (734) 764-2939
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering.
Note: Funding for this instrument came from a variety of sources: Erdogan Gulari of the COE, Marvin Parnes and Mark Banaszak Holl of the OVPR, Michael Solomon of Chemical Engineering, Brad Orr and Roy Clarke of Physics, Peter Green, Joanna Mirecki Millunchick and Xiaoqing Pan of Materials Science and Engineering, Ann Marie Sastry and Michael Thouless of Mechanical Engineering and the EMAL discretionary account.
- 90 µm by 90 µm
- Heavily sample and technique dependent
- High Efficiency Direct Drive Tapping Mode Cantilever Holder for Scanning in Fluid
- Vibration isolation system and environmental enclosure for high-resolution imaging
- Digital image acquisition of optical microscope images
- The sample vacuum platen can take up to 200mm diameter samples.
- The maximum Z scanning height is of the order of 5 µm.
- The maximum height of a sample is of the order of 12 mm.