Contact: Kai Sun
Location: Room G026
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0420785.
- Monochromatic Al source, Al and Mg regular sources.
- Spectrum mode: ~ 10 mA ~ 15 kV.
- Parallel XPS imaging.
- Specimen Transfer Chamber (STC): <5 x 10-7 torr.
- Specimen Analysis Chamber (SAC): ~1 x 10-9 torr.
- Motorized sample movement in x,y,z directions and tilting.
- Can be operated at ~600 oC to -100 oC.
- Spectrum mode: Using the monochromated Al source: 2 x 1 mm with energy resolution ~0.5 ev.
- Small area spectroscopy: ~ several µm.
- Imaging mode: ~ 900 µm x 900 µm with spatial resolution ~ 6 µm.