Location: Room G026
Publications, presentations, and posters resulting from work on this instrument should state: “The authors acknowledge the financial support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0420785, and technical support from the Michigan Center for Materials Characterization.”
- X-ray Sources: Monochromatic Al source, Al and Mg regular sources.
- Operating Conditions
- Spectrum mode: ~ 10 mA ~ 15 kV.
- Parallel XPS imaging.
- Vacuum System
- Specimen Transfer Chamber (STC): <5 x 10-7 torr.
- Specimen Analysis Chamber (SAC): ~1 x 10-9 torr.
- Specimen Stage
- Motorized sample movement in x, y, z directions and tilting.
- Can be operated at ~600 oC to -100 oC.
- Analysis Area
- Spectrum mode: Using the monochromated Al source: 2 x 1 mm with energy resolution ~0.5 ev.
- Small area spectroscopy: ~ several µm.
- Imaging mode: ~ 900 µm x 900 µm with spatial resolution ~ 6 µm.
References and Publications
- Indium-doped Co3O4 nanorods for catalytic oxidation of CO and C3H6 towards diesel exhaust, L. Ma, C.Y. Seo, X.Y. Chen, K. Sun, J.W. Schwank, Applied Catalysis B-Environmental, 222, 44-58, 2017
- Interplay of Corrosion and Photocatalysis During Nonaqueous Benzylamine Oxidation on Cadmium Sulfide, JL DiMeglio and BM Bartlett, Chemistry of Materials, 29 (17), 7579-7586, 2017
- Direct observation of hydrogenation and dehydrogenation of a zirconium alloy, H.H. Shen, X.T. Zu, B. Chen, C.Q. Huang and K. Sun, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 659, 23-30, 2016
- Memristive behavior and ideal memristor of 1T phase MoS2 nanosheets, P.F. Cheng, K. Sun, and Y.H. Hu, Nano Letters, 16(1), 572-576, 2016
- An efficient counter electrode material for dye-sensitized solar cells—flower-structured 1T metallic phase MoS2, W. Wei, K. Sun, Y.H. Hu, Journal of Materials Chemistry , 4(32), 12398-12401, 2016
- Mechanically-induced reverse phase transformation of MoS2 from stable 2H to metastable 1T and its memristive behavior, P. Cheng, K. Sun, Y.H. Hu, RSC Advances, 6(70), 65691-65697, 2016
- The bright future for electrode materials of energy devices ─ highly conductive porous Na-embedded carbon, W. Wei, L. Chang, K. Sun, A. Pak, E. Paek, G. Hwang, Y.H. Hu, Nano Letters, 16(12), 8029-8033, 2016
- In Situ Chemical Modification of Schottky Barrier in Solution-Processed Zinc Tin Oxide Diode, Youngbae Son, Jiabo Li, and Rebecca L. Peterson*, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 8(36), 23801–23809, 2016
- Kinetic Trapping of Immisicible Metal Atoms into Bimetallic Nanoparticles through Plasmonic Visible Light-Mediated Reduction of a Bimetallic Oxide Precursor: Case Study of Ag-Pt Nanoparticle Synthesis U. Aslam, S. Linic Chemistry of Materials 28(22) 8289-8295 2016
- Kazyak, E.; Wood, K. N.; Dasgupta, N. P. Improved Cycle Life and Stability of Lithium Metal Anodes through Ultrathin Atomic Layer Deposition Surface Treatments. Chem. Mater. 2015, 27 (18), 6457–6462
- Bielinski, A. R.; Kazyak, E.; Schlepütz, C. M.; Jung, H. J.; Wood, K. N.; Dasgupta, N. P. Hierarchical ZnO Nanowire Growth with Tunable Orientations on Versatile Substrates Using Atomic Layer Deposition Seeding. Chem. Mater. 2015, 27 (13), 4799–4807
- X. Zhang, M. Lang, J.W. Wang, W.X. Li, K. Sun, V. Prakapenka, R.C. Ewing, High-pressure U3O8 with the fluorite-type structure, Journal of Solid State Chemistry 213 110-115 (2014).