- Atomic structure
- Atomic chemical mapping
- In-situ imaging (deformation, gas, liquid, temperature)
Publications, presentations, posters resulting from work on this instrument should state: “The authors acknowledge the financial support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0315633, and technical support from the Michigan Center for Materials Characterization“.
- Accelerating Voltage: 100 to 000 kV (100 V steps)
- High Voltage Stability: 2ppm/minute
- ~1.5 x 10-7 torr (Gun Area)
- ~1.5 x 10-7 torr (Specimen Area)
- Imaging Specifications
- Objective Current Stability: 1ppm/minute
- Objective Focal Length: 2.5 mm
- Spherical Aberration Coef. (Cs): 0.6 mm
- Chromatic Aberration Coef. (Cc): 1.3 mm
- Minimum Focus Step: 1 nm
- Point-to-Point Resolution: 0.17 nm
- Lattice Resolution: 0.14 nm
- Specimen Stage
- Specimen Tilt: ±30 degrees
- Specimen Diameter: 3.0 mm
- TV & Digital Image Aquisition System
- Advanced Microscopy Techniques ERB 1280 by 1024 Slow Scan CCD TV system.
- Slow scan system acquires digital images with AMT Imaging 5.4 on a Windows XP computer.
- X-ray Energy Dispersive Spectrometry System
- EDAX r-TEM XEDS detector and software.
- Acquisition software runs on the same Windows XP computer as the CCD TV System.
References and Publications
- The effect of cold rolling on grain boundary structure and stress corrosion cracking susceptibility of twins in alloy 690 in simulated PWR primary water environment Kuang, W., G.S. Was, C. Miller, M. Kaufman, T. Alam, B. Gwalani, and R. Banerjee Corrosion science 130 126-137 2018
- The oxidation of alloy 690 in simulated pressurized water reactor primary water Kuang, W., M. Song, P. Wang, and G.S. Was Corrosion science 126 227-237 2017
- The effect of injected interstitials on void formation in self- ion irradiated nickel containing concentrated solid solution alloys, Tai-ni, Yang, Chenyang Lu, Ke Jin, Yanwen Zhang, Hongbin Bei and Lumin Wang, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 488, 328-337, 2017
- Structural reﬁnement and nanomechanical response of laser remelted Al-Al2Cu lamellar eutectic”, “Qian Lei, Bhupendera Prashanth Ramakrishnan, Shujuan Wang, Yichen Wang,Jyotirmoy Mazumder, Amit Misra”, Materials Science & Engineering A , 706, 115–125, 2017
- The effect of injected interstitials on void formation in self-ion irradiated nickel containing concentrated solid solution alloys, Tai-ni Yang, Chenyang Lu, Ke Jin, Miguel L Crespillo, Yanwen Zhang, Hongbin Bei, Lumin Wang, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 488, 328-337, 2017
- Effects of Fe concentration on the ion-irradiation induced defect evolution and hardening in Ni-Fe solid solution alloys, Ke Jin, Wei Guo, Chenyang Lu, Mohammad W Ullah, Yanwen Zhang, William J Weber, Lumin Wang, Jonathan D Poplawsky, Hongbin Bei, Acta Materialia, 121, 365-373, 2016
- Radiation-induced segregation on defect clusters in single-phase concentrated solid-solution alloys, Chenyang Lu, Taini Yang, Ke Jin, Ning Gao, Pengyuan Xiu, Yanwen Zhang, Fei Gao, Hongbin Bei, William J Weber, Kai Sun, Yan Dong, Lumin Wang, Acta Materialia, 127, 98-107, 2017
- Enhanced Radiation-tolerant Oxide Dispersion Strengthened Steel and its Microstructure Evolution under Helium-implantation and Heavy-ion Irradiation, Chenyang Lu, Zheng Lu, Xu Wang, Rui Xie, Zhengyuan Li, Michael Higgins, Chunming Liu, Fei Gao, Lumin Wang, Scientific reports, 7, 40343, 2017
- Enhancing radiation tolerance by controlling defect mobility and migration pathways in multicomponent single-phase alloys, Chenyang Lu, Liangliang Niu, Nanjun Chen, Ke Jin, Taini Yang, Pengyuan Xiu, Yanwen Zhang, Fei Gao, Hongbin Bei, Shi Shi, Mo-Rigen He, Ian M Robertson, William J Weber, Lumin Wang, Nature communications, 7, 13564, 2016
- Effects of substrate temperature and deposition rate on the phase separated morphology of co-sputtered, Cu-Mo thin films, B. Derby, Y. Cui, J.K. Baldwin, A. Misra., Thin Solid Films, 647, 50-56, 2018
- Mechanism of radiation damage reduction in equiatomic multicomponent single phase alloys, F Granberg, K Nordlund, Mohammad W Ullah, Ke Jin, Chenyang Lu, Hongbin Bei, LM Wang, F Djurabekova, WJ Weber, Y Zhang, Physical review letters, 116, 135504, 2016
- Direct observation of defect range and evolution in ion-irradiated single crystalline Ni and Ni binary alloys, Chenyang Lu, Ke Jin, Laurent K Béland, Feifei Zhang, Taini Yang, Liang Qiao, Yanwen Zhang, Hongbin Bei, Hans M Christen, Roger E Stoller, Lumin Wang, Scientific reports, 6, 19994, 2016
- Chiromagnetic nanoparticles and gels, Jihyeon Yeom, Uallisson S. Santos, Mashid Chekini, Minjeong Cha, André F. de Moura, Nicholas Kotov, Sience, 359, 309-314, 2018
- Irradiation assisted stress corrosion cracking (IASCC) of Nickel-base alloys in light water reactors environment-part I Microstrucuture characterization, M.Song, M.Wang, G.S Was, L.Nelson, R. Pathania, Environmental Degradation of Materials in Nuclear Power Systems, , 949-960, 2017
- Elastic strain energy control of the precipitate free zone around primary carbides in nickel base alloy 725 M.Song, J.-F. Wen, Z.Jiao, G.S Was Acta Materialia 120 138-149 2016
- The effect of doping on low temperature growth of high quality GaAs nanowires on polycrystalline films, Matt DeJarld, Alan Teran, Marta Luengo-Kovac, Lifan Yan, Eun Seong Moon, Sara Beck, Cristina Guillen, Vanessa Sih, Jamie Phillips and Joanna Mirecki Milunchick, Nanotechnology, 27(49), 495605, 2016
- S. Huang, S.J. Kim, X.Q. Pan, and R.S. Goldman, “Origins of interlayer formation and misfit dislocation displacement in the vicinity of InAs/GaAs quantum dots”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 032107 (2014).