Contact: Haiping Sun
Location: Room G026
Phone: +1 (734) 764-5625
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0315633.
- 100 to 000 kV (100 V steps)
High Voltage Stability
- ~1.5 x 10-7 torr (Gun Area)
- ~1.5 x 10-7 torr (Specimen Area)
- Objective Current Stability: 1ppm/minute
- Objective Focal Length: 2.5 mm
- Spherical Aberration Coef. (Cs): 0.6 mm
- Chromatic Aberration Coef. (Cc): 1.3 mm
- Minimum Focus Step: 1 nm
- Point-to-Point Resolution: 0.17 nm
- Lattice Resolution: 0.14 nm
- Specimen Tilt: ±30 degrees
- Specimen Diameter: 3.0 mm
TV & Digital Image Aquisition System
- Advanced Microscopy Techniques ERB 1280 by 1024 Slow Scan CCD TV system.
- Slow scan system acquires digital images with AMT Imaging 5.4 on a Windows XP computer.
X-ray Energy Dispersive Spectrometry System
- EDAX r-TEM XEDS detector and software.
- Acquisition software runs on the same Windows XP computer as the CCD TV System.