Contact: Bobby Kerns
Location: Room G029
Phone: +1 (734) 764-5630
Acknowledgments: Publications resulting from work on this instrument should acknowledge the support of the University of Michigan College of Engineering and NSF grant #DMR-0320740.
- Electrons: 0.2 to 30 kV
- Ions: Up to 30 kV
- Tungsten Hairpin
- Specimen Chamber: 1-20 torr
- Imaging – Gaseous Environmental Secondary Detector (GSED)
- Imaging – Everhart-Thornley Detector (SED)
- Imaging – Environmental BackScatter Detector
- X-ray – Noran UTW XEDS Detector with 4Pi analysis system (to be installed)
- 3.5 nm @ 30 kV at high vacuum
- 3.5 nm @30 kV in ESEM mode
- 15 nm @ 3 kV in low vacuum mode
- 10 nm @ 30 kV @ 1 pA
- EDAX 30 mm2 SDD detector, capable of detecting elements with Z >5.
- XEDS system: EDAX Genesis System with Spectral, Image and Spectrum image acquisition.
- Off line Software: EDAX and NIST DTSA-II.
- Hot Stage, capable of operating from room temperature to 1000 oC.
- Peltier Cooling Stage, operates from room temperature to ~-50 oC.
- Omniprobe 100.5
- AutoFIB, AutoTEM, Slice and View and XtDocu