Wednesday November 1st 2017
Michigan Microscopy & Microanalysis Society (MMMS) & (MC)2 Open Day
Presentations, Tour, Poster and image competition. Keynote presentations include:
- Determining atomic structure across scale & dimensions with highly convergent electron beams, Prof. Robert Hovden, Materials Science and Engineering, University of Michigan
- Using cryo-electron microscopy to visualize the function of PMP22, a major cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMTD), Prof. Melanie Ohi, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan
- Shaping (and reshaping) biological membrane architecture for vertebrate photoreceptor health (and disease), Prof. Andrew Goldberg, Biomedical Sciences, Oakland University
- Ultrasonic Fatigue and its role in Materials Centric Design, Dr. Jason W. Carroll, Eaton Corporation.
- Micro-Raman analyses of Earth and Planetary Materials: Advantages and Challenges, Prof. Jackie Li, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Michigan