Requesting Service Work

If you won’t be using the instruments yourself and would instead prefer that (MC)² staff perform the characterization, please send an email to the Center Manager, Bobby Kerns, with a brief description of your proposed experiments and the name and contact for your research supervisor if appropriate.  We will determine if your research can actually be performed with the equipment available and will give an estimate of how much time will be needed to complete the analysis for you.

All service work is requested through FOM (Facility Online Manager), as shown here: Service Request Steps. All users having service work done, whether internal or external, will need to create a FOM  account. External users from outside of University of Michigan will also need to provide a signed external service agreement and register a payment method, per the instructions to Become an External User.

Information on rates can he found here: